Job Opportunities at Woods Creek Nursery
NURSERY SALES ASSOCIATE
We are currently seeking a Nursery Sales Associate.
The Nursery Sales Associate is the main point of contact for our clients and is responsible for identifying their needs and educating them on the unique offerings at Woods Creek Nursery. This position assesses the client’s designs and identifies plants best suited for various landscapes; soils, exposure, location slope, etc. He/she processes sales transactions for both retail and wholesale clients, answers incoming phone calls, helps maintain accurate inventory and signage, and utilizes computer proficiency, plant identification and knowledge of native plants.
The Nursery Sales Associate will also support other nursery duties as needed,which include but are not limited to counting, tagging, pruning and moving plants, arranging and maintaining displays as well as administrative tasks. The successful person in this position will be self-motivated, energetic and willing to support all members of our team at Woods Creek.
- Drive sales by assessing clients’ needs and identifying best suited plants.
- Process retail and wholesale sales using Quickbooks.
- Fulfill retail and wholesale orders from our own stock and, if necessary, assist with procurement of any additional stock from our fellow growers/wholesalers.
- Assist with plant signage and inventory.
- Assist with the organizing, cleaning and stocking of greenhouses as well as assisting with various tasks; such as merchandising, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plant identification knowledge and an in-depth understanding of native plants (required)
- Previous nursery experience (1+ year degree in Horticulture may substitute)
- Computer experience/proficiency (required)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity when necessary, and accept constructive feedback on work and technique
- Clear, consistent communication
- Ability to work: standing, sitting, bending over or kneeling; to lift heavy & awkward objects, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
- Must be available 1-2 weekend days and part-time weekdays.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
Compensation will depend upon experience and/or education.
Interested candidates please submit resume to email@example.com