Job Opportunities at Woods Creek Nursery
NURSERY CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Woods Creek Nursery is a grower nursery and specimen arboretum situated on 25 serene acres along Woods Creek in Monroe, Washington. We grow over 500 different types of plants, shrubs, hedge material and trees. We offer unique and hard-to-find specimen trees, 50+ varieties of Japanese Maples and a large selection of native plants. We have 54 greenhouses and acres of B&B trees and plants. We are a retail nursery and also offer wholesale pricing and delivery.
We are currently seeking a Part-time to Full-time, Nursery Customer Service Specialist.
The Nursery Customer Service Specialist is the main point of contact for our clients and is responsible for identifying their needs and educating them on the unique offerings at Woods Creek. This position assesses the client’s designs and identifies plants best suited for various landscapes; soils, exposure, location slope, etc. He/she processes sales transactions for both retail and wholesale clients, answers incoming phone calls, provides estimates, coordinates deliveries, balances registers and utilizes computer proficiency, plant identification and knowledge of native plants.
The Customer Service Specialist will also support other nursery duties as needed. These duties include but are not limited to counting, tagging, pruning and moving plants, arranging and maintaining displays and signage as well as administrative tasks. The successful person in this position will be self-motivated, energetic and willing to support all members of our team at Woods Creek.
- Drive sales by assessing clients’ needs and identifying best suited plants.
- Process retail and wholesale sales using Quickbooks.
- Balance and report daily sales.
- Fulfill retail and wholesale orders from our own stock and, if necessary, procure any additional stock from our fellow growers.
- Coordinate and schedule deliveries.
- Manage plant signage.
- Assist with the organizing, cleaning and stocking of greenhouses as well as assisting with various tasks; such as merchandising, general nursery labor, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plant identification knowledge and an in depth understanding of native plants (required)
- Previous nursery experience (2+ year degree in Horticulture may substitute)
- Computer experience/proficiency (required)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity when necessary, and accept constructive feedback on work and technique
- Clear, consistent communication
- Ability to work: standing, sitting, bending over or kneeling; to lift heavy & awkward objects, up to 50 lbs.; perform physical work such as digging or planting; and in all weather conditions including inclement
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is a plus
- Availability to work weekends required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
Compensation will depend upon experience and/or education.
Interested candidates please submit resume to email@example.com